We welcome prospective students who are interested in visiting the M.A. in German and European Studies (MAGES) program at Georgetown University. If you will be in the Washington, DC area, we encourage you to contact us to schedule a visit.
A typical visit to the Center would include:
- Meeting with the Supervisor of Academic Programs to have your technical questions answered
- Meeting one or two MAGES faculty members
- Chatting with current MAGES students to get an insider’s perspective
- Sitting in on a MAGES core course
We are also happy to speak by phone or skype with interested applicants who cannot visit campus to discuss the program and answer any questions. Please contact us to arrange a time to connect.
This fall our Supervisor of Academic Programs, Zoe Ziliak Michel, will be at many recruitment events all over the country. Look for her at the following events to learn more about our program:
- Thursday, September 13 (NYC) – Foreign Affairs Live: New York Graduate School Fair
- Monday, September 17 (Philadelphia) – APSIA: Networking Reception
- Monday, October 8 (San Francisco) – Idealist Graduate Fair
- Wednesday, October 10 (Los Angeles) – Idealist Graduate Fair
Not able to travel to one of these fairs? Join us for a virtual graduate school fair!
Learn More Through Our Webchats
Want to know more about MAGES student life, how to craft a good application, or scholarship opportunities? Join one of our fall recruitment web chats! On these chats, you can talk with current MAGES students as well as with Supervisor of Academic Programs Zoe Ziliak Michel and BMW Center Assistant Director Tina Ruby. A MAGES faculty member or two may even join in!
MAGES web chat dates and links (all times US Eastern Time):