We welcome prospective students who are interested in visiting CGES on Georgetown University’s main campus. If you will be in the Washington, DC area, we encourage you to contact us to schedule a visit.
A typical visit with MAGES would include:
- Meeting with staff to have your questions answered
- Meeting one or two faculty members
- Chatting with current students to get an insider’s perspective
- Sitting in on a core course
We are also happy to speak by phone or Skype with interested applicants who cannot visit campus to discuss the program and answer any questions. Please contact us to arrange a time to connect.
New! This year we will be offering travel grants of approximately $100-$300 (depending on number of applicants) to prospective students who wish to travel to Washington to visit the BMW Center. To be eligible, you must first begin your application and link it to the M.A. in German and European Studies. Then, email the Supervisor of Academic Programs to request the grant.
This fall, MAGES Supervisor of Academic Programs Zoe Ziliak Michel and MAGES alumni will be at many graduate school information fairs across the country. Come ask your questions about MAGES!
- New York City (Sept. 10) – Idealist Grad School Fair
- Atlanta (Sept. 12) – APSIA: Graduate School Fair
- Boston (Sept. 16) – Idealist Grad School Fair
- Toronto (Sept. 17) – APSIA: Graduate School Fair
- NYC (Sept. 18) – APSIA: Graduate School Fair
- Washington, DC (Sept. 19) – APSIA: Graduate School Fair
- Washington, DC (Sept. 23) – Idealist Grad School Fair
- Chicago (Oct. 3) – Idealist Grad School Fair
- Los Angeles (Oct. 14) – Idealist Grad School Fair
- San Francisco (Oct. 15) – Idealist Grad School Fair
- Seattle (Oct. 17) – Idealist Grad School Fair
- Online (Nov. 21) – APSIA: Graduate School Fair
Want to know more about MAGES student life, how to craft a good application, or scholarship opportunities? Join one of our fall recruitment web chats! On these chats, you can talk with current MAGES students, staff, and faculty.
*All webchat times below are Eastern Standard Time.*